WCG Consulting trading as Resourcing4HR and Resourcing4Marketing is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and candidates. This policy explains how we collect personal data and information, what we do with it and the control you have over it.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with Data Protection law. This means that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have explained to you clearly;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited to those purposes only;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only for such time as is necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
- Kept securely.
The Information We Collect
We may collect and process a range of information and data about you. This includes but is not limited to:
- Your name, email address, postal address and telephone numbers;
- Details of your employment history, education and qualifications; and
- Information about your entitlement to work in the UK which includes a copy of your passport or other identity documents.
We may also collect and process the following sensitive personal information:
- Information about medical or health conditions, including whether or not you have a disability or information regarding criminal convictions.
How Your Data Is Collected
Personal data may be collected at various stages of the recruitment process and is obtained via registering on our website, submitting your CV or passport. It may also be collected via contact with our Employees or one of our External Business Directors or via connections on social media such as LinkedIn.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers and information from criminal records checks.
How Your Data is Used
We have a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for a vacancy. The processing of such data also allows us to maintain effective business relationships with clients and candidates.
Personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide our recruitment services to you, whether you are a client, candidate or a user of our website;
- To enable you to submit your CV either to apply for specific jobs or as a speculative application;
- To provide career guidance and coaching;
- To maintain business relationships with candidates and clients;
- To provide information on suitable job opportunities to people who register with us;
- To match your profile with suitable job vacancies and to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you;
- To analyse visitor trends from our website (this does not include personal information); and
- To provide you with information regarding regular events that we host.
Who Has Access to The Data
Your information will be shared internally with our employees for the purposes of the recruitment.
Your information may be shared externally with the client and this includes interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with the vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
If your application for employment is successful and the client makes you an offer of employment we may share your information with former employers to obtain references for you, employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks and may include the Disclosure and Barring Service to obtain necessary criminal records checks.
Your information may also be shared externally with our Business Directors or Financial and Operational support for the purposes of managing and recording the recruitment process.
How We Protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously and have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and we will take the necessary steps, including putting in place adequate technical and organisational measures, to protect your personal information.
When we share your data externally with our Business Directors or Financial and Operational support we do so on the basis of written instructions and they are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
Transferring Data via The Internet
There are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet. We cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others when it is submitted to us over the internet.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on a computer's hard drive, or in the browser memory, to make a website work, or work more efficiently for returning visitors.
How long do we keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will hold your data on file after the end of the relevant recruitment process in order to maintain the business relationship and further assist candidates with finding employment.
Personal Data is held on our contacts and administration database either because of work we have undertaken or are currently engaged in, or because we believe that clients may be interested in receiving material from us about our business and services. As such we hold client contact details and the history of our client relationship. This allows us to manage our client relationships effectively.
Rights to Your Data
As a data subject, clients and candidates have a number of rights. These include:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- require us to change incorrect or incomplete data
- require us to delete or stop processing your data
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to us during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.